The Micro Credit Prerana Yojana is a government-sponsored scheme that provides financial assistance to women from the Scheduled Castes (SC) and Scheduled Tribes (ST) communities. The scheme aims to encourage women from these communities to start and run their own businesses, thereby promoting economic empowerment and social inclusion.
Objective of the Yojana
The main objective of the Prerana Yojana is to provide micro-credit loans to SC/ST women to help them start or expand their income-generating activities. The scheme also provides training and support services to these women to help them build their entrepreneurial skills and manage their businesses effectively.
To be eligible for the Prerana Yojana, a woman must:
- Be a member of a registered self-help group (SHG)
- Belong to the SC or ST community
- Be aged between 18 and 55 years
- Have a viable income-generating activity in mind
Quantum of Assistance
Under the Prerana Yojana, each eligible woman can receive a maximum loan of Rs. 25,000. Out of this, Rs. 15,000 is provided as a subsidy and Rs. 10,000 is provided as a loan. The interest rate on the loan is 4% per annum. The loan is to be repaid within a maximum period of 5 years.
Benefits of the Yojana
The Prerana Yojana has several benefits for SC/ST women, including:
- Access to financial resources to start or expand their businesses
- Training and support services to help them build their entrepreneurial skills
- Opportunity to participate in income-generating activities and improve their economic status
- Promotion of social inclusion and empowerment
Impact of the Yojana
The Prerana Yojana has had a positive impact on the lives of thousands of SC/ST women across India. The scheme has helped them to start their own businesses, become financially independent, and improve their quality of life.
How to Apply for the Yojana
To apply for the Prerana Yojana, interested women should contact their nearest SHG or the Dr. B.R. Ambedkar Development Corporation.
The Micro Credit Prerana Yojana is a valuable initiative that is helping to empower SC/ST women in India. By providing them with access to financial resources and support services, the scheme is enabling them to start their own businesses, become financially independent, and improve their quality of life.
- For more information on the Prerana Yojana, please visit the website of the Dr. B.R. Ambedkar Development Corporation: http://adcl.karnataka.gov.in/